Up to 4,4 GHz Intel Turbo Boost frequency
DDR4 memory up to 3200 MT/s
Up to 6 TB Intel Optane Persistent memory per CPU
Higher performance thanks to built-in AI acceleration
Intel offers 3rd generation Xeon Scalable processors in three orders – Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Detailed description of CPU SKUs suffixes:
- no suffix = 1 TB RAM per socket
- H = new for Intel Xeon 3rd generation
- L = Large Memory up to 4,5 TB RAM / processor (socket)
- M = Medium Memory up to 2 TB RAM / socket
- N = Networking a Network Function Virtualization (NFV), support of Intel Speed Select (SST-BF)
- S = Search, processors optimized for search engines
- T = Thermal / Long life, or also NEBS models, should be available the longest time in the market
- U = Uni, for one-socket systems configurations
- V = Virtualization, processors optimized for virtualized environment
- Y = Speed Select, processors with Intel Speed Select (SST-PP)
Third Generation Intel Xeon Processor Series Comparison
|Parameter||8300 (Platinum)||6300 (Gold)||5300 (Gold)||4300 (Silver)|
|Max. number of cores||40||32||26||20|
|Max. no. of sockets / system||2||2||2||2|
|Number of UPI links||3× UPI / 11,2 GT/s||3× UPI / 11,2 GT/s||3× UPI / 11,2 GT/s||2× UPI / 10,4 GT/s|
|Number of DDR4 channels||8||8||8||8|
|DDR4 speed 1DPC*||3200 GHz||3200 / 2993 GHz||2993 GHz||2667 GHz|
|Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory||Yes||Yes||Yes||— (only 4314)|
|# AVX-512 FMA||2||2||2||2|
|# PCIe Gen4 lines||64||64||64||64|
|SGX Enclave Capacity (per CPU)||512 / 64GB||64 GB||64 GB||8 GB|
|Speed select SST-BF, SST-TF, SST-CP||Yes||Yes||Yes||—|
* 1DPC = 1 DIMM Per Channel, only one DIMM per processor memory channel is populated. 2DPC = 2 DIMMs Per Channel, two DIMMs per processor memory channel.
An overview of individual Intel Xeon Scalable processor models of the second generation, including detailed technical parameters, is available on the Intel ARK website.
Intel Xeon SP 3rd generation
Intel Speed Select (SST)
Intel Speed Select is a suite of technologies to optimize processor performance according to deployed applications.
Intel Speed Select Base Frequency (SST-BF)allows CPU cores to run at different base frequencies (not Turbo Boost). E.g. For the Intel Xeon 6230N processor (20 cores, 2.3 GHz, 125W), 6 higher priority cores can run at 2.7 GHz base frequency and 14 cores at 2.1 GHz lower frequency.
A more detailed description of Intel SST-BF technology including benchmarks, including optimal settings for the server BIOS, operating system (Linux) or the script used to set the SST-BF parameters.
SST-BF is interesting for deploying Network Function Virtualization (NFV) scenarios where networking service runs in a virtualized environment on higher-priority kernels (and thus higher frequency) and virtual servers on lower-priority kernels themselves.
Intel Speed Select Power Profiles (SST-PP) will allow you to set up three profiles to select the number of cores and the operating frequency.
Intel Speed Select Base Freq (SST-BF)
Intel Speed Select Power Profiles (SST-PP)
Intel offers special pricing promotions and project-specific programs on Xeon processors, plus support for Education Development Units (EDUs).
M Computers was the first to acquire the HPC DataCenter Specialist in the Czech Republic. Thanks to it, we have access to the latest Intel products that we test and prepare solutions for our customers. If you are interested in testing some of Intel technologies, please do not hesitate to contact us.
M: 731 678 146